The Downeast Public Health Council is pleased to announce funding opportunities for short-term projects in three priority areas.
- Cardiovascular Health: evidence-based work can focus on or integrate food security, nutrition, and physical activity to improve cardiovascular health, improve food access and security, improve nutrition, increase physical activity, and reduce obesity and related chronic disease.
- Alcohol and Drug Use: evidence-based work can focus on or integrate alcohol, marijuana, prescription medicines, illegal drugs, and other addictive sources to reduce addiction disease, improve physical and mental health, and improve societal benefits.
- Mental Health: evidence-based work can focus on or integrate early diagnosis, parental guidance, and treatment referrals to improve behavioral and mental health for pre-school and school aged children
Applicants are encouraged to respond quickly as review and award of proposals will begin on February 15 and continue through March 31st or until funds are exhausted. Projects must be completed by June 30, 2017.
Please review all three documents before preparing applications.
- Detailed Funding Opportunity Announcement: Application instructions
- Implementation Matrix: Provides details about specific funding opportunities
- Downeast Public Health Improvement Plan: Foundation document for three year public health program.
Bidders Conference Call: February 6, 2017 1:00 PM
Conference Call #: (877)-455-0244 Participant Code: 124 027 8357#
For more information contact:
Jim Fisher, DEPHC Coordinator
Alfred May, District Liaison